Criminal Defense Lawyer in Boston, Cambridge and Throughout Massachusetts
Your legal rights are never more important than when you have been accused of a crime. If you or someone you know, adult or juvenile, is charged with a crime, we have the knowledge and experience to make sure you receive justice.
Our goal is to make sure that our clients are given the benefit of the full and equal protection afforded them under the laws, and that any possible conviction will have the least amount of impact upon their future. We handle the following types of criminal matters:
- OUI / Drunk Driving Defense
- Breathalyzers, Field Sobriety Tests, RMV Suspensions, License reinstatements, Hardship licenses, RMV Appeals.
- Domestic Violence / Restraining Orders
- Assault and Battery (209A), Violation of restraining orders, harassment orders; Vacating orders.
- Motor Vehicle Offenses
- Vehicular homicide, Reckless endangerment, Negligent operation, Unlicensed operation, Operating after suspension.
- Drug Offenses
- Possession, Distribution, Trafficking, Manufacturing, Cultivating, School Zone.
- Weapons Charges
- Guns, rifles and other firearms, Ammunition, Knives, Machetes, Brass knuckles, Licenses, FID.
- Theft Crimes
- Breaking and entering crimes, Larceny, Shoplifting.
- Violent Crimes
- Murder, Attempted murder, Assault with intent to kill, Assault and battery by means of a dangerous weapon, All other assault and battery crimes, Robbery, Carjacking.
- Sex Crimes
- Rape, Attempted rape, Indecent assault and battery, Dissemination of harmful materials, Gross and lewd, Prostitution, Internet sex crimes.
- Probation Violations
- Surrender hearings.
- College Students Defense
- Criminal defense, College/University disciplinary hearings.
- Clerk’s Hearings
- Dismissal of the charges prior to issuance of a criminal complaint, Diversion programs.
- Motions to Seal Criminal Records.
If someone you care about has been arrested and is in police custody, it is important that you take these steps to make sure that their rights are protected:
- Get the basics. Ask where they are being held and what the charges are but do not talk about what happened. Your conversation may be recorded and may be used against the accused.
- Tell them to remain silent and not to take any tests.
- Write everything down. Document who you spoke to, what you talked about and when.
- Call a lawyer. Find someone who is experienced in criminal law.
- If you can’t find a lawyer right away, then try to get the person released on bail.
- Keep looking for a qualified criminal defense lawyer.
Boston-area criminal defense attorney Myong J. Joun has successfully defended clients charged with drug crimes, OUI, violent crimes, assault and battery crimes, sex crimes, theft crimes, and firearms and other weapons charges. He has not only won numerous jury trials and bench trials, but has also been very successful in getting cases dismissed, evidence suppressed, and negotiating favorable dispositions. It is no wonder why many lawyers refer their clients to criminal defense attorney Myong Joun. Representative cases in which Attorney Joun has handled include:
- Carrying a loaded firearm and ammunition without a license in the Central Division of the Boston Municipal Court’s “Gun Court.”
- Attempted murder, assault with the intent to murder, malicious destruction of property and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon in Norfolk Superior Court.
- Indecent assault and battery on a person over fourteen in South Boston District Court.
- Domestic assault and battery (209A) in West Roxbury District Court.
- Operating Under the Influence (OUI), Intimidation of a witness in Brighton District Court.
- Negligent operation of a motor vehicle, malicious destruction of property (State Police Cruiser) in East Boston District Court.
- Larceny of government property against a soldier in Westborough District Court.
- Possession with intent to distribute crack cocaine within a school zone in Charlestown District Court.
- Assault and battery on a police officer, assault, disorderly conduct, disturbing the peace, resisting arrest in Roxbury District Court.
- Breaking and entering in the nighttime to commit a felony, receiving stolen property, burning a motor vehicle in Waltham District Court.
- Rape, attempted rape, indecent assault and battery on a person over fourteen in Plymouth Superior Court.
- Reckless endangerment of a child in Natick District Court.
- Cultivating marijuana in Cambridge District Court.