Massachusetts Employee Rights Lawyer
Attorney Joun has represented individuals as well as class of people in the following types of employment cases:
- Wage and hour claims, overtime violations;
- Discrimination on the basis of age, sex, race, national origin and/or disability;
- Sexual harassment; and
- Wrongful termination.
Representative cases that Attorney Joun has worked on include:
- Lin et al v. Chinatown Restaurant Corp. et al,,___ F.Supp.2d___, 2011 WL 1059530 (D.Mass. 2011) (In an issue of first impression, federal court judge holds that courts have no discretion but to award damages for unpaid wages to undocumented alien employees under the Fair Labors Standards Act regardless of any conflicts with the Immigration Reform and Control Act).
- A wage and hour case on behalf of eight drivers against a travel agency and bus companies in Suffolk Superior Court, bringing claims of unpaid wages, overtime violations and illegal deductions from tips.
- Poore v. Town of Harwich, 2006 WL 1388759 (MCAD) (Affirming award plus statutory interest of 12% and awarding attorneys’ fees); 2004 WL 2997699, 26 MDLR 270, MCAD Docket No. 98-BEM-1091 (Nov. 12, 2004) (Awarding $100,000 for emotional damages to a female high school coach for sex discrimination).